The Badminton Bible

[www.badmintonbible.com]

All original content copyright © Mike Hopley

Bug with updating credit cards [fixed]

Home > Blog > Bug with updating credit cards

Posted 1 year ago

Update: the bug is now fixed.

I have found a bug that occurs when a customer attempts to update their credit card details. The problem occurs after a customer has already updated the card details once; a logic error is causing the process to fail.

I stress that this bug does not compromise customer’s card security. The sensitive card data is kept secure by Stripe; my system never even sees it.

This bug was brought to my attention by a customer emailing me. Please do this, it’s incredibly helpful!

I do have an extensive suite of automated tests, but it’s easy to forget something. There are just too many possible combinations. In this case, my test only covered the first update and I did not think to try a second time. I have already reproduced the error in a test, and should have it fixed within a day.